Friday, December 16, 2011

Year 2011

It is amazing and at times sad to see how fast the time flies! As 2011 goes by, I try recollecting all the past 10 or 20 years that I spent. It is really hard. I cannot even recollect anything happening in some of the past years, as if those years did not exist at all! How could that be 365 days just did not make any significant impact on my memory!!
Anyways, 2011 is also almost gone. This is beginning of my 4th year in this new college. After 17 years at Sherubtse and few more years in service before that, I completed 23 years of job in the government as of 2011. I decided to cut my official knot with the university. I am processing my retirement benefits and is able to see so little money from my 17 years of service. Perhaps enough to buy  a small housing plot  somewhere in a small town. Big ones are beyond my budgetary scope. Dream of building a small home is still far fetched.
The early pension that will start coming after 3 years will perhaps buy me monthly ration!

In the meantime, I like to look forward to some more exciting work and output bearing greater satisfaction at RTC and hope to see some more parts of the world and life before I may be able to retire and catch up with my big family circle...

3 comments:

  1. Dear sir,
    Great to see you writing in a blog. You must be doing great at RTC and I and my family wish you all great luck.

    I am always proud to have been your student and you are so much in the hearts of those you taught.

    God bless you always!

    Dr Puru

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you bhai for such great encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear sir, it is so nice to see you writing here as Puru mentioned. I enjoyed reading your blog and hope to get more to read from here. Keep up this lovely work and many will get inspired for sure through this.
    with kind regards and respect to you and ma'am,
    Karma

    ReplyDelete